Health and Safety Policy Statement
This is a Statement of the Policy of Kingsley Plastics Ltd. on all matters of health and safety, made under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, as amended.
Kingsley Plastics Ltd. accept all responsibilities as the employer to ensure the health and safety of Employees, Sub-Contractors, Customers and any other person who may be affected by the activities of the organisation.
To do this, we have a Health and Safety Management System in place to manage the risks associated with our premises and in all the work we do. This System will be revised as necessary to ensure we continue to improve health and safety.
The objectives of Kingsley Plastics Ltd. are to:
- Promote an open attitude and encourage our staff to actively participate in health and safety.
- Communicate and consult with our staff on all issues affecting their health and safety and to bring this policy to their attention.
- Provide sufficient resources (in time and money) to meet the requirements of all current Health and Safety legislation.
- Retain competent advice and assistance from our Health and Safety Advisers, Seal Safety & Training Ltd, so that we are aware of relevant changes in legislation and good practice.
- Provide adequate training for our staff to enable them to work safely, and to ensure they are competent and confident in the work they carry out.
- Carry out and regularly review risk assessments at each of our locations to identify hazards in our work and the control measures needed to reduce those hazards. Any corrective actions that are required to help reduce risk will be carried out as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Provide appropriate tools, vehicles, access equipment and work equipment which are safe to use and do not impose undue risks to health or safety.
- Make sure that defects and safety hazards are reported, and promptly rectified.
- Implement arrangements for the reporting of accidents, incidents and cases of ill-health, and ensure that all reported incidents etc. are properly investigated.
- Provide our employees with any necessary safety equipment and protective clothing free of charge, and to inform them of their responsibility to use it correctly.
- Provide, or arrange for, adequate welfare facilities for our employees while at work.
- Provide First Aid equipment and trained personnel to provide treatment in the case of accident or ill-health to employees and visitors on our premises.
- Ensure that any sub-Contractors engaged by Kingsley Plastics Ltd. are competent, and will work to the same standards of health and safety expected of our employees.