This is a Statement of the Policy of Kingsley Plastics Ltd. on all matters relating to Environmental safety made under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 Chapter 43, as amended.
Kingsley Plastics Ltd pro-actively strives to offer products with the highest efficacy, but the lowest impact on the environment.
We maintain a considerate and careful environmental approach to all product development, manufacture, and supply, through recycling, reduced energy consumption, alternative packaging solutions and the chemicals we use.
Kingsley’s commitment to protecting the environment remains uppermost in our product and service development. To do this, we have an Environment Management System in place to manage the risks associated with our premises and in all the work we do. This System will be revised as necessary to ensure we continue to improve in our Environment objectives.
The objectives of Kingsley Plastics Ltd. are to:
- Promote an open attitude and encourage our staff to actively participate in the environment.
- Communicate and consult with our staff on all issues affecting the environment and to bring this policy to their attention.
- Provide sufficient resources (in time and money) to meet the requirements of all current Environmental Protection legislation.
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Retain competent advice and assistance from external Environmental Advisers so that we are aware of relevant changes in legislation and good practice.
- Provide adequate training for our staff to enable them to work within the rules set out in the Environmental Protection Act 1990, and to ensure they are competent and confident in the work they carry out.
- Carry out and regularly review risk assessments to identify hazards in our work and the control measures needed to reduce those hazards. Any corrective actions that are required to help reduce risk will be carried out as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Provide appropriate tools, vehicles, access equipment and work equipment which are safe to use and do not impose undue risks to the environment.
- Make sure that defects and environment hazards are reported, and promptly rectified.
- Implement arrangements for the reporting of incidents and ensure that all reported incidents etc. are properly investigated.
- Ensure that any sub-Contractors engaged by Kingsley Plastics Ltd. are competent, and will work to the same standards, relating to Kingsley’s environmental obligations, expected of our employees.
- Kingsley is currently reviewing the requirements of ISO 14001 with a view to future accreditation.